Below is an excerpt from the Diamond Jubilee Souvenir, 1938, of Louth United Church.
"Louth United Church is the result of the Union of the New Connection and Wesleyan Methodists
in 1874. At that time, the Wesleyans had a church known as Salem, a little west of the present site,
on property secured from Mr. and Mrs. P. Gregory in 1866. The history of this congregation is
traced back as far as 1862 when services were held in the school house, which was located on the
northwest corner of the Grange Hall intersection, (presently known as 7th Street and 3rd Avenue
Louth). The school was used until the church located on the north east corner was erected and
opened in 1868 or 1869".